[NBLUG/talk] EEE PC Heat and Wifi

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Fri Jul 11 14:11:17 PDT 2008

I finally got to measure the heat the eee pc puts out, right at the
vent it hits about 119 degrees, and underneath the plastic heats up to
about 104 degrees, so it's not blistering, but it will make your
lap/hands/chest warm..

I noticed since I installed ubuntu 8.04 that the wifi signal is
weaker..  It seems to me I get all 5 bars of signal with the default
xandros install, but now with ubuntu I get 3 bars of signal from the
same place..  Anyone know if this is something screwy with the mad
wifi driver stuff?

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -