[NBLUG/talk] 10 year anniversary Linux thread

Jippen cheetahmorph at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 04:01:00 PDT 2008

Lets see, ten years ago... I was 12, and hadn't heard about linux yet,
although I was starting to break computers. Fixing them didn't really
happen for another couple years. ;p

I first tried a RH 6 cd when I was 16-17... and it turned out to be
horrid, due to being way out of date (Hey, it was in a library book!)
so while I found the concept interesting, I couldn't really do much
with it. Around 18 I finally got a solid DSL line, and decided to work
more with this odd linux thing.

Now, I'm 22 and do tier 1 support on SUSE boxes, run a personal ubuntu
webserver and a ubuntu desktop, after having dabbled with and disliked
Gentoo, Suse, fedora core, and centos. Its a lot of fun seeing what
people were doing while I was just discovering the IT field.