[NBLUG/talk] Disabling the window manager in KDE?

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:06:48 PDT 2008

I want to display a partial KDE desktop on a Windows machine,* with
KDE running on a Linux server and showing up an X11 client that's
running on the Windows machine.  I don't want KDE to manage windows or
the desktop, and I don't want it to start any screensavers, because
they're already being taken care of when it starts up.

I've been able to figure out most of this, but I can't figure out how
to disable the window manager.

The server is running KDE 3.1.3 on RHEL 3.0.  I know it's ancient, but
I don't have the authority to upgrade it.

* No, it wasn't my choice to run Windows on the desktop computer, or
anywhere else.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>