[NBLUG/talk] shell scripting help

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:12:54 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Sean <seanvanco at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found that after about a half hour of sending the e-mail, and I also
> cleaned up a few syntax errors. My current iteration is below, and it
> does loop and terminate correctly. The only odd thing is that the time
> between each ping is 37 seconds apart instead of 30.
>
> If anyone has any idea why it's taking the extra 7 seconds, I'm
> curious to see what I did wrong. Otherwise this will work for me.

Try adding echo statements before and after the sleep command.  That
way you can figure out whether it's sleeping for 7 extra seconds, or
something else in the loop is taking 7 seconds.

Obviously, you can take those echo statements out once you've figured it out.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>