[NBLUG/talk] eee pc

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Mar 18 09:10:09 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 08:04:39AM -0700, steven smith wrote:
> What caught my eye is that the president of the company is
> predicting
> that 60% of their sales of the eeepc will be XP based machines.

Wow, Windows XP?  2000 called, and wanted their OS back. ;^)

Anyway, what's MORE interesting is that this means 40% of their systems
will continue to be Linux-based.  That's nearly 1/2.  And these things
are apparently flying off shelves.  (So far, the Linux-only ones.)

(Someone else on another list I'm on mentioned this headline, and decided
to spin it the other way 'round, so I thought I'd share ;^) )

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/