[NBLUG/talk] Recommendations for Version Control?

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Sat Nov 1 12:34:08 PDT 2008

I'm about to begin a large non-programming project that will be primarily
documents and graphics.

From experience in tech I think a version control system would be a good way
to protect the evolving work, and well as make for an easy way to back up.

My last experience with version control was almost ten years ago, and was MS
Source Safe.

What can you recommend for a single user, possibly two workstation (desk and
laptop) version control app that will backup easily. I'd much prefer a GUI
interface if that isn't a dramatic drawback.

Thanks.