[NBLUG/talk] Fedora interview ... and, Fedora 10 release is imminent!

Scott Doty scott at corp.sonic.net
Tue Nov 25 06:23:26 PST 2008

If you're unsure about Fedora's relationship to Red Hat, or Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL), here's a nice
interview that discusses it -- with a former Fedora project leader! :)

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/defending-the-flame-of-linux-freedom-483915

Before the obquote: in related news:  Fedora 10 will be released in
approximately FORTY MINUTES!!11!!@!

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Schedule

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Main_Page

Obquote:

*LXF:* How well do you think Fedora/Red Hat is addressing the
oft-repeated claim that Fedora is just a beta for RHEL?

*MS:* I hear a lot less of that than I did four years ago. I think the
fact that we have built our community in an entirely transparent way
says the most about that, because people see Fedora being an extreme
innovator, they see SELinux get developed, they see Network Manager get
developed, they see Red Hat participate in Xen and the work that's been
done in virtualisation, and they see Red Hat doing stuff that's good for
all distros, which I think gives Red Hat a lot of credibility as a
technical innovator.

 -Scott
(Just another enthusiastic Fedora tester :)