[NBLUG/talk] source installed package question

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 11:49:07 PST 2008

I have hit a situation where I had installed mysql via source on a
Debian Etch server, and want to set up database replication using ssl.
I don't think it was compiled with this option, but I can't easily
verify it.

Is there a way to determine after the fact what flags were using for
the install? I no longer have the original or unpacked tarball,
including the make file. I know I can test whether or not I have this
capability with a little work, but I was hoping to find this out for
future use. I did search for this information but didn't find any
results.

Thank you in advance.