[NBLUG/talk] dvd player?

Christopher Wagner waggie at waggie.net
Sun Sep 14 00:12:03 PDT 2008

Well, I think we're lacking a clear understanding of what the issue is.
I'd like to help further, but I think some clarification would help greatly.

To quote:

"but im not happy with the totem software for playing dvd movies that came
with it. cant even access the main menus of the movies or the interfaces
in the application itself."

So, are you having problems using the application itself, even getting
to the point of telling it to play a disc?  Are you receiving an error
message?

When I want to open a DVD, I go to 'Applications' -> 'Sound & Video' ->
'VLC Media Player' -> 'File' -> 'Open Disc' -> Then I click 'Ok' - then
my DVD starts playing and the title menu appears at which point I can
use my mouse to activate various features of the DVD title menu.

Using whatever player of choice, please give us the step at which
behavior diverges from the expected and please carefully describe the
behavior that is not expected.  (eg. I received error msg "x", or "I see
the playback window appear, but it's all black", etc.)

- Chris