[NBLUG/talk] Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0, 0)

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:37:24 PST 2009

Can you mount hda1 and hda2 from a live distro, to verify that neither
partition has been actually corrupted? It doesn't sound very likely
(hopefully!) but it's something else you could check.

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu
Vice President, Cal Poly Linux Users' Group
http://www.cplug.org

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it."
    -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, frequently mis-attributed to Voltaire