[NBLUG/talk] Commodore nostalgia

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Mon May 11 12:33:25 PDT 2009

Nope, haven't heard of him. I don't dabble too much in Commodore stuff
besides drooling over it when I see it =) My childhood was filled with
C64 gaming (mainly Zork, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Shamus and Ms. Pacman).

I was trying to find info on writing 1581 disks (got a seemingly working
1581 at the sales) from Linux and came across cbmfs (
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cbmfs/ ) - and wow, just searching today
came across that link, that proves read/write support. Everything I was
looking at yesterday was read only. Sweet.

Heh, funny you mention Atari - I told my friend in Chile about my find
and he showed me the first computer he had -
http://www.heimcomputer.de/english/comp/atari65xe.html

Cheers,
Jordan