[NBLUG/talk] Monitoring Internet access

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:42:25 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Roger House <rhouse at sonic.net> wrote:

> My Comcast service out in the country seems to have gotten really
> lousy.  I'm not home during the days, but my wife says that for the last
> 10 days she can't really do anything on the Internet from about 8:00am
> to 3:30pm or so.  I have also noted some periods of seemingly no access
> on weekends.  I would like to gather some hard facts about what's going
> on.  Can anyone recommend a program which periodically checks for an
> Internet connection and gathers info on upload and download times.

Nothing on monitoring programs, though I'd be interested too.  Some years
ago I noticed trouble around 8:00, 3:00, and 6:00.  3:00 being when the kids
get home from school.

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.