[NBLUG/talk] Comcast slowdown

Mark Janes 707mjanes at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 13:33:08 PDT 2009

Hello,

   I've also noticed that 1) overall download speeds seem to be
gradually slowing and 2) bittorrent ALWAYS crawled along on Comcast so
I've never used it for an iso download. Regarding bittorrent, I
initially thought I had something wrong at my end but after a while of
watching complaints pop up I concluded that it was a Comcast problem. As
for the overall download speed being slower I also thought that it might
be related to my end but when I bypassed it all and plugged my computer
directly into the wired ethernet connection on the cable modem and my
download speeds didn't change it seems this is an issue at Comcast's
end. I should point out that I have no hard numbers to prove that
download speeds have slowed but the bittorrent issue still seems to be
going on from what I've been reading. Does anyone have any numbers or
suggestions on how they might be obtained?

Mark Janes