[NBLUG/talk] comcast slow downs

Mark Janes 707mjanes at comcast.net
Mon Oct 5 09:13:47 PDT 2009

Hello,

   Anytime a company has, or believes it has, a monopoly its behavior
tends to veer toward the demonic. Out here there really aren't that many
viable choices and as long as it 1) stays substantially faster than
dialup and 2) no real competition emerges, I'll probably stay with
Comcast, though if I could get sonic.net via DSL or some other way I'd
switch back in a moment. In a similar vein, I also did a major update of
Ubuntu 9.04 a couple of days ago on my laptop over my home wifi
connection with no problem- the connection worked perfectly. I should
point out when I did my update I was only about four feet away from the
router so I have a very strong signal. Finally, I'd like to point out
that it never ceases to amaze me how fast, and how completely, a query
tends to get answered on this list- totally refutes the notion that
there's no support for Linux. ;-)

Mark Janes