[NBLUG/talk] Coping a Linux OS/System from one remote computerto another

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Oct 29 20:35:25 PDT 2009

Looks like I managed not to reply to all...

Something like this might partially work and I was considering something like that, but I'm talking about kernel, OS and everything.

It would be real easy to do with physical access, but without I'm not quite sure how it could be accomplished. Now if I set up the old kernal on the new system and set it up to boot with it, then reboot will it work or will it break everything as it will boot with fedora 8 setups all over the place.

If I set up the kernel and then setup a completely copied over file system, with appropriate changes, and then reboot, it's going to be really really scary and if I mess one thing up it go kablooy.

Also it's not like I go setting up alternate kernels every day.

(imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)

 On Thu 29/10/09  6:45 PM , micxz micxz at micxz.com sent: