[NBLUG/talk] Tonight I program in EBDIC

Scrappy Laptop scrappylaptop at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 31 20:25:47 PDT 2009

Sheesh, that was the scariest thing I've seen tonight!

EBCDIC made my life a living heck from 2000- 2005.  Our top customers were the top 10 banks, the other half revenue-wise were wintel.  Development was done on the PC & then compiled on either platfom.  Data for troubleshooting could be in either character set.  Sometimes both, as it *could* move through 3-4 systems before it got to us.  Nothing made me happier than seeing "0D 0A" at even increments in a file...

Why on earth are you doing this to yourself?  ;)