[NBLUG/talk] #se7en -- http://windows7sins.org/

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Tue Sep 1 11:07:52 PDT 2009

Gil Seiler wrote:

> If people complain and don't like windows, don't use or buy it!

This needs to be communicated to school districts. Even better,
alternatives need to be communicated to *everyone*, because most people
still don't KNOW that you can run anything but Windows on a PC (PC. vs.
Mac is a great example). If people understood what open source was,
especially schools, many of them would be running Linux instead of Windows.

Kinda makes you wonder about WinME/Vista. It's almost like they KNEW it
was going to flop, so people would DEMAND XP.. so they have their choice
right there, never noticing the other alternatives. Keep em feeling like
they have a choice.

Hmm. Political events seem to have parallels to this as well (Ron Paul
anyone?). Ok, I'm *way* OT now, I'll shaddap ;)

Cheers,
Jordan