[NBLUG/talk] #se7en -- http://windows7sins.org/

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Thu Sep 3 11:18:33 PDT 2009

On 09/03/2009 11:00 AM, Ed Rogers wrote:
> The answer was, "Oh we can't touch ANY of that equiptment with a 10 foot
> pole. The service contract is expired and who would we pay if it broke?
> There has to be someone responsible that guarantees what we buy. And we
> have to buy it. It can't be free..."
> It's the same argument the accounting/purchasing types always give me
> about Linux (not just these people, other people in other state places
> too). They don't use things that are free. They have to pay someone who is
> therefore endebted to them to fix it or take the fall and be sued.

Oh btw, had to mention:

If you think you're going to be able to sue Microsoft if something goes
wrong with their software, then you haven't been reading the EULA's. ;P

And if you need more knowledgeable sales people to persuade your IT
folks, definitely get together with Redhat, Novell, or any of these orgs
that can provide service.

  -Scott