[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu 10.04 Keyboard & Mouse Freeze

Howard h.schnirman at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 26 11:16:40 PDT 2010

  I just recently installed Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop, then during install of
Apache also
included all the updates.

When I came back to the machine the screen was blank, and the monitor
light was orange
meaning it was not receiving a signal. So I rebooted. Then while reading
the User Guide to
getting Apache configured, the Keyboard & Mouse froze. And it was not
batteries; I checked.
Wireless, but using PS2 inputs.

Then the next time I boot, and before I  logged on the system went into
hibernate mode again, thus
the screen went blank, and the signal was lost. I saw several posts on
others having this problem
also. And I'll try one solution which was to run sudo aptitude purge
irqbalance. Any other ideas??

Hardware:
Q6600 Quad Core on ECS Nvidia Chipset
Nvidia I think 9400XT or 9600XT Video.
Still have an Adaptec 2940 card installed for Scanner.

Thanks

Howard