[NBLUG/talk] strange sound bug..

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Jan 20 10:51:51 PST 2010

I am running the latest release of Ubuntu 32bit, I am having this
strange sound problem.. I first noticed it in FireFox.  Sound would
work fine but after a while it would just stop working, re-starting
Firefox would bring the sound back..  I also discovered that just
closing the FireFox window wasn't good enough, there was always an
orphaned FireFox process I would have to kill -9 to get rid of..  But
once I got rid of all the FF instances and re-started it, I would get
my sound back.. So I switch to Chrome, wanted to try it out anyways..
Now I am having the same problem, except I don't get the orphaned
process..   Chrome's sound works, but if I leave the browser open to
long, the sound stops working and killing Chrome and re-starting it
brings the sound back.. I did not have this problem on an older
install of Ubuntu..

Anyone else having this problem? or know of a fix?

-Steve