[NBLUG/talk] Streaming Web Sites under Linux

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Mar 18 10:33:04 PDT 2010

First off I have almost no experience with Desktop Linux although I have a lot of experience with command line Linux. So I wanted to ask those that do have this experience about the current state of the art. In particular I wonder about television/movie streaming sites. Netflix, Hulu, Veoh, NBC, ABC, etc, etc, etc.

Do these sites work with current technology or vice versa? Are there hacks to get around issues? What's the scoop.

(imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)