[NBLUG/talk] Recommendations for a wireless router?

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:01:33 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Bob Blick <bobblick at ftml.net> wrote:
> Are there routers that have actual decent VPN's built in?
>
> Because all the ones I have ever see require you to run their VPN client
> on your computer in order to use the VPN on the router.

Well, the general idea is that you put a VPN client on the machine
*outside* of your network, and it connects to your router, and then it
can connect to any machine in the network.

Now, if you need to install VPN software on the machines inside the
network, then yes, your "VPN solution" sucks.

--
William Tracy
Work: wtracy at cisco.com
Play: afishionado at gmail.com