[NBLUG/talk] OT for Linux: Free 12# max digital scale...

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Wed Sep 15 15:34:34 PDT 2010

I've got a digital scale, and the display has become mostly unreadable.  I took it apart and didn't see anything obviously wrong. I suspect some corrosion in the display unit itself, or maybe the inductor.  You can see the display change under load, so I think the strain gauge and electronics are generally functional.  Might make a fun project for someone with more time.

I'm in Sebastopol, and can drop it off nearby (SR, Rohnert Park)

Images Here:
http://www.rangat.org/rthille/DropBox/IMG_0357.jpg
http://www.rangat.org/rthille/DropBox/IMG_0358.jpg
http://www.rangat.org/rthille/DropBox/IMG_0359.jpg