[NBLUG/talk] Warning in logs..

Steve Johnson fratm at adnd.com
Thu Feb 24 09:01:24 PST 2011

rsync is not an option in this case, neither is upgrading the kernel.. Long
story behind that :)  The kernel is 2.6.9, so all though it is not the
newest, it isn't to bad off..

I'm using tar to get the data to the CIFS mount, so I think I just need to
copy the data back and see if the data checks out okay and then go from
there.

This same system is running on several machines with out any problems, and
most the machines are running similar kernels..  so its hard to point at the
kernel in this case.. Now I did read somewhere that if the host of the cifs
mount is busy when the file copy is going on that it might be the cause of
the error, so I may just need to see whats going on there  and attack it
from that side..

Thanks for the reply, it helped shed some light on this issue.

-Steve