[NBLUG/talk] Finding file on lubuntu

Howard Schnirman howardas at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 31 14:30:10 PST 2011

I installed lubuntu on a 1GB flash drive and had a 400GB persistent partition created. After using the browser extensivlely, the following time I booted, I was not able to log in the GUI UI, only the CLI.

I read somewhere that it's possible that with not enough free space, the graphical UI becomes inaccessible. So instead on trying to figure out how to free up space it might be easier to just do a reinstall and then start eliminating what I don't need. But before I do that there is one file that I want to retrieve that I can't find.

I think it resides somewhere on the compressed persistent file system. I have the drive mount on /media/sdc1 with the following dirs:
casper, dists, install, pics, pool, preseed, syslinux

In the casper directory resides a file name filesystem.squashfs
I have it mounted at /home/howard/casper. In it resides the basic linux fiel structure;
bin, boot, dev, etc, home, lib, media, mnt, opt, proc, root, sbin, selinux, srv, sys, tmp, usr, var, & initd.img & vmlinuz.

There is nothing in /home or /root under casper.

So I can't find the text file I'm looking for. Any ideas on finding it.
It's a text file with Names for Contacting about a Coed Soccer league.
So I tried a search for .txt files containing soccer. But the search seemed to take forever.

Any ideas??

Howard