[NBLUG/talk] Need help with booting Linux system

Scott Doty scott at corp.sonic.net
Wed Mar 16 15:30:00 PDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 03:22 PM, Todd Cary wrote:
> *If* it does not boot, in general, what kind of error am I most likely
> to receive?  Probably it is a dumb questions since there are so many
> possibilities.  Just showing my apprehension.

Could really be anything that could go wrong with the boot process --
but I generally find myself at a grub> prompt, wondering why it didn't
automatically boot...it helps to know what you can do with a grub
command prompt.

Have your rescue disk handy Just In Case...and ya, maybe it's not a bad
idea to do a backup, too, before trying to boot it. ;)

  -Scott