No subject

Sun Oct 9 11:12:17 PDT 2011

" ... some indications of an increased risk of glioma for those who
reported the highest 10% of cumulative hours of cell phone use ...
IARC has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly
carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B), a category used when a causal
association is considered credible, but when chance, bias or
confounding cannot be ruled out with reasonable confidence."
( <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://www.who.int/mediacent=
re/factsheets/fs193/en/">http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs193/=
en/</a> )
WHO goes on to say that they are conducting further studies.

Of course, this is talking about the risks associated with plastering
the phone to your ear, not simply the ambient signal from towers...

No, I'm not saying that we should ban cellphones/towers/etc, or even
apply draconian restrictions.  I'm just saying that the folks who have
extreme worries have at least SOME evidence, and aren't just nutters
who can be dismissed out of hand or "debunked" by any
rational/informed argument.

- Steve S.

</pre>