[NBLUG/talk] domain name registrar which uses spam list on outgoing mail?

Kendall Shaw kshaw at kendallshaw.com
Thu Nov 29 12:28:06 PST 2012

Hi,

No, I am using the email address that you see here. The CBL list shows
the IP address of the domain name registrar's relay host and says that
my domain name is not on the list.

Email for their customers (the domain name registrar) goes through their
relay, some of which is thought to be spam and so it ends up on a list
at spamhaus. Organizations have email servers setup to consult spamhaus
and automatically reject email from either domain names or ip addresses
that are on the list. The domain name registrar is not one of these
organizations, so they relay spam and their host ends up on the list.

So, people send me email and get back an email from some company that
uses spamhaus saying that email can not be relayed because the host is a
known spammer. People sending the email interpret this as either
cognitive dissonance resulting in my having lost communication, or they
think that I am a spammer.

Kendall