[NBLUG/talk] Fw: [Announcements] CrossOver for free on Wednesday, October 31

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Mon Oct 29 14:27:55 PDT 2012

Crossover is a great product if you need Wine in a multiuser Linux
environment like LTSP, or some more professional management tools of
Windows programs under Linux.

Personally, I've switched *back* to GNUCash from Quickbooks after many
years and I couldn't be happier. On the Gimp note, I'm no graphic
designer, but Gimp has always done what I needed it to.

Just my (rapidly devaluing) 2¢. ;)

On 10/29/2012 01:47 PM, Andrew wrote:
> If The GIMP or GnuCash just won't cut it and you absolutely must
> use Photoshop or Quicken, but the thought of booting into
> Windows turns your stomach...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrossOver
>
> A.
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:08:05 -0500
> From: CodeWeavers Forums <noreply at crossover.codeweavers.com>
> Subject: [Announcements] CrossOver for free on Wednesday,
> October 31
>

> CodeWeavers Announcements Post
> http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/announce/?t=24;mhl=132802#msg132802

>   FROM:       Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com>
>   TOPIC:      CrossOver Announcements
>   SUBJECT:    CrossOver for free on Wednesday, October 31
>

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am happy to announce that we will be providing a copy of
> CrossOver for free to all comers this Halloween, Wednesday,
> October 31, from 00:00 until 23:59 pm, Central Daylight Time.
> That's the treat - we hope you enjoy it, and we hope you spread
> the word to all your friends so they, too, can enjoy CrossOver
> goodness.  The expected 'trick' is that if you're a US citizen,
> you should go vote next Tuesday.
>
> You can read more about it in our press release here:
>   http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20121029/
>
> and you can see our internal staff reaction to the news here:
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKiMJFvXbc
>
> Existing customers will get a free 12 month extension added to
> their entitlement, so they can enjoy CrossOver for 12 further
> months.
>
> To sign up for your free copy or free 12 month extension, simply
> visit this web page: http://flock.codeweavers.com
> any time on October 31, 2012, from 00:00 until 23:59 CDT.
>
> If you have questions about the details of this promotion, we
> have a FAQ page here:
>   http://www.codeweavers.com/flockthevoteqa/
>
> Now I've got to run, they've tracked my IP address to this
> coffee shop I'm hiding in... <grin>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeremy "Mallard" White

Jordan Erickson (PGP: 0xDA470FF8)