[NBLUG/talk] OLPC San Francisco Community Summit 2012

TheDarkener thedarkener at logicalnetworking.net
Fri Sep 21 20:01:48 PDT 2012

Just did some duckduckgo-ing (yeah, I just said that) and am amazed that
anyone uses Silverlight anymore, let alone Netflix. I thought it had
flopped a long time ago after the MLB (?) dropped it. Oh well. We're not
in their "target market" so it's best we spend our hard earned money
elsewhere. Like higher bandwidth. ;)

P.S.
Big huge comment thread about Netflix+Linux here:
http://linuxphilia.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-almost-get-netflix-watch.html

On 09/21/2012 07:48 PM, Glenn Kerbein wrote:
> Netflix + Linux = no go.
>
> Silverlight is required for Netflix streaming. The Linux emulation - if
you will - is Mono, and that is not "allowed" by Netflix.