[NBLUG/talk] How run ones personal mail server through MetroPCS service? - Fwd: [BerkTIPGlobal]

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Thu Aug 1 10:36:52 PDT 2013

How run ones personal mail server through MetroPCS service?

Contents:  1)  Scenario   2)  Configuration   3)  Links
   4)  Your helpful thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

===  1)  SCENARIO:
1)  Metropcs 4g LTE high speed unlimited data service $60/ month.
  http://www.metropcs.com/metro/detail/$60_Unlimited_Talk,_Text_and_Data/TTD60-4G

2)  Android phone such as LG MS840, Android 2.3.6,
  Kernel 2.6.35.11-perf lge at android-build #1,
  Build # GRK39F,  SW version MS840ZVA, HW version Rev 1.0,
or 2b)  Samsung Galaxy S III or Galaxy S 4.
  http://www.metropcs.com/metro/category/Phones_&_More/Phones/Samsung/cat170021
  Perhaps running Replicant
  http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GalaxyS3
2.1) "WiFi Tether" ap.

3)  Lenovo android tablet, Android ver 3.2.1, kernel 2.6.36.3,
  (Or perhaps using a more recent android version, etc.)
  connecting through wifi or usb to Android phone to Metropcs to
  internet.

4)  Laptop computer running KUbunu  12.04 LTS.

5)  Any other hw/sw necessary or preferable.

===   2)  CONFIGURATION,   I'm guessing:
1)  Need a system with an IP address on the internet to act as a router
1b) for _other_ peoples' / entities' transmitting mail servers to
connect to when sending mail to me,
1c) to enable my email server  (on my side of the phone) to rx/tx data,
1d) through https through a presumed Metropcs firewall.

2)  Mail server sw running on the tablet or laptop,
2b) because the phone must be presumed to be a hostile man in the middle
device.

3)  I must transmit with every email message my mail servers' public pgp
key.

What are my mail server sw options?

===   3)  LINKS:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mail_servers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_mail_servers
http://www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/support/public_forums/
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/comp.mail.sendmail
http://compgroups.net/comp.mail.sendmail/
http://www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/support/support_faq/
http://www.newsreaders.com/link/link.cgi?group=comp.mail.sendmail

===   4)  Your helpful thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.  :)

Your helpful thoughts and suggestions?

Helpful posts might be forwarded to & found on the  BerkTIPGlobal  list.
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

---  Join the BerkeleyTIP-Global mail list -   http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal. All Freedom SW, HW & Culture.