[NBLUG/talk] Lazy as can be

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Feb 1 16:18:04 PST 2013

I can certainly work with debian although some of my normal commands aren't there. What is popular for a server these days anyways? I guess ease of upgrade would probably be a good feature for me. I usually use webmin on my other servers for maintenance via yum although pulling up putty windows is my normal interaction. Pulling one up now it's running CentOS 5.9 and it lets me know when packages need to be updated. Looks like 6 is the current version of CentOS though although 5 is supposed to be maintained into 2017.

Wow, I have a server running Fedora 2. But then it's a specific use machine and not really going to need anything new installed.

(imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)

 On Fri 01/02/13  4:00 PM , Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net sent: