[NBLUG/talk] Encryption Issues

Zack Gold zack at nblug.org
Fri Jul 12 13:33:47 PDT 2013

There's a probability involved in my information being with PRISM? But even
if I'm in that probability, my current thought on the idea of flipping lots
of switches (http://prism-break.org) is that "Why should I really be
switching everything to secure, (real) encrypted data when I have nothing
suspicious that'll fire off a red flag?"

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Michael Tucker <mchltckr80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> As long as its in the US, not encrypted, and doesn't get routed overseas,
> your information shouldn't qualify for a 51% probability subjecting you to
> PRISM. The best security in my opinion, would be transparent communications
> unless needed, then sneaker net and snail mail everything else.
> On Jul 12, 2013 1:28 PM, "Zack Gold" <zack at nblug.org> wrote:
>
>> I've been meaning to switch onto my own domain for mailing services...
>>
>> Anyone got a good argument for my current response to PRISM as "I have
>> nothing to hide"?
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Aaron Grattafiori <
>> aaron at digitalinfinity.net> wrote:
>>
>>> You know Microsoft owns hotmail right?
>>>
>>> Sorry I couldn't resist...
>>>
>>> Aaron