[NBLUG/talk] Programming a Biobot

Greg Mueller greg at sensa.io
Wed May 8 12:44:11 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm new to the group, and relatively new to the North Bay. I'm working on a
project in Sebastopol designing a robot that will generate biologically
active nutrients for plant fertility. I've been working on a prototype with
a Raspberry Pi as a command module connected through serial to an Arduino.
I have sensors and a pump connected to the Arduino. I'd like to develop an
architecture using Node. I imagine a server running on the command module
as well as on an EC2 instance, yet I admit this may not be the best way.

The goal is to be able to remotely monitor and control the unit through a
series of sensors and actuators controlling inputs and fluid & air flow.
The idea is this will empower us to install them in grow locations around
the community, and help spawn progressive grow operations.

Love to connect with developers that may be interested.

Kind Regards,
Greg Mueller