[NBLUG/talk] a problem with audio noise

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Thu May 30 13:00:39 PDT 2013

If you disconnect the amp from the SBC does it still produce noise? What
about another audio source such as an mp3 player? If you've isolated the
SBC as the noise producer, I would assume the noise is coming from the
power of the SBC crossing over into the audio channels. The only thing
that really comes to mind is possibly using an external USB audio device
instead of the onboard audio. Not sure if that's an option for you
though. I've had great luck with Tascam USB devices (the US-100
specifically).

Cheers,
Jordan

On 05/30/2013 12:30 PM, jezra wrote:
> In my current computer project, I have a small audio amplifier
> connected to a small SBC (Single Board Computer), and the amp is also
> getting power from IO pins on the SBC. When everything is powered up,
> there is a lot of staticy background noise coming from the amp, and I
> was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for ways to reduce the noise?
>

> Jezra
>
> Web: http://www.jezra.net
> Coffee: http://coffee.jezra.net

Jordan Erickson (PGP: 0xDA470FF8)