[NBLUG/talk] theft deterrent / security system

Allan Cecil ac at sonic.net
Mon Nov 11 15:12:53 PST 2013

Sure, why not?  Same boom sound, just no flying projectiles.  Obviously it'd need to be hooked up to a motion sensor (perhaps the same one the deer trail camera uses) to conserve ammo.  Not sure you'd want to publish that one if you built it, though - someone might replace the blanks with live ammo and set that rig up for use in remote Mendocino County drug enforcement (in all of its meanings).

And with that, I've now wandered very far away from the topic of Linux.  Um... the same motion-activated design connected to a battery operated air pump (easily obtainable from camping airbeds) attached to a large inflatable Tux?  It'd have the WTH shock going for it... :)

A.C.
******