[NBLUG/talk] Installation problem

Alan Bloom n1al at sonic.net
Mon Oct 7 12:35:01 PDT 2013

Thanks guys for all your help.

This image from the installation program implies (on the bottom line)
that I already have Ubuntu installed in the second partition:

http://n1al.net/music/install0.png

But I can't boot from it.  If I unplug the thumb drive and cycle power
the computer boots to Windows with no option for Linux.

If I set up the partition like this:

http://n1al.net/music/install1.png

and hit the "Install Now" button, I again get the "No root file system
is defined" error message:

http://n1al.net/music/install2.png

I feel like I'm almost there...  :=)

Alan