[NBLUG/talk] Installation problem

Alan Bloom n1al at sonic.net
Mon Oct 7 13:48:31 PDT 2013

On 10/7/2013 1:10 PM, Michael Dooley wrote:

> Your mount point needs to be root (/), not boot (/boot). Try selecting
> the slash Alan and see how that goes.

Thanks Michael, that seemed to do it.  I was able to get through the
installation process.

However there are two remaining problems.  One is that it still only
boots to Windows.  To get Linux I have to boot with the thumb drive
inserted.

The other problem is that I can't shut the computer off when I do that
(boot with the thumb drive).  When I tell it to shut down, it hangs up
continuously showing the Ubuntu screen with the cycling dots.  I have to
cycle power.

Sigh...

Alan