[NBLUG/talk] Installation problem

Alan Bloom n1al at sonic.net
Tue Oct 8 22:31:21 PDT 2013

On 10/8/2013 10:34 AM, Michael Dooley wrote:

> Here are some URLs that are fairly good in explaining what to do to
> recover a working grub.

> http://askubuntu.com/questions/88384/how-can-i-repair-grub-how-to-get-ubuntu-back-after-installing-windows

I was busy all day and just got home an hour ago and looked up that URL.
  That did it!  I am now able to boot either Windows or Ubuntu on the
computer.  Thanks!

Now the only problem is getting the Internet working.  I recently did a
clean re-install of Windows XP Pro on this same machine and had to go to
the HP web site to get the driver for the LAN card.  But (of course)
they list drivers for versions of Microsoft Windows only.

Can I assume that the problem is likely a missing driver?  Any hints on
how to go about finding it?

Thanks again for your patience with my newbie questions.

Alan