[NBLUG/talk] Got an IEEE 1284 Type C parallel cable?

Allan Cecil ac at sonic.net
Mon Jun 9 11:40:35 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I picked up an 2001 era HP 3150 laser printer off the curb for free and it works well but I don't currently have the right kind of cable so I figured I'd check here.

I need an IEEE 1284 Type C Mini-Centronics (MDR36) 36 pin parallel cable, or preferably an adapter to a standard Centronics connector.  This type of parallel port is a lot smaller than the old bulky type but never really caught on.  I've uploaded a picture of the back of the printer to: http://sonic.net/~ac/images/HP3150back.jpg

If anyone has one they can bring to tomorrow's meeting, I would be willing to buy it off you at this point as they seem to be made of unobtanium.  Thanks!

A.C.
******