[NBLUG/talk] How do I get WiFi signal to my router?

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:56:34 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Mr. Jan Hearthstone
<hearthstone11 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> what do I need to get a WiFi signal from a hotspot to my router, from which I would usean ethernet cable to connect a laptop, a PC, and my MagicJack+?

I think that what you are describing is a bridge, not a hotspot.  I
think I've seen such things, which connect to a WiFi network and
provide access via Ethernet ports, but since WiFi support is pretty
much ubiquitous in newer computers, bridges are not as common as they
used to be.

Maybe something like this would do what you need?
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122602>

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>