[NBLUG/talk] Mouse speed

Alan n1al at sonic.net
Sun Nov 2 22:20:04 PST 2014

I recently got a trackball, which I prefer to a mouse, but the speed was
way too high.  I set the "pointer speed" in System Settings to the
minimum, but it was still too fast.  I discovered that if I execute this:

xinput --set-prop "Primax Kensington Eagle Trackball" "Device Accel
Constant Deceleration" 2.5

it slows it down to the right speed.  However, every time I re-boot the
computer, and every time I use the (USB-type) KVM switch to switch
between the (Ubuntu) Linux computer and the Windows computer, it resets
the speed to fast again.

Is there any way to make the setting permanent?  (Other than ditching
the Windows computer.  :=)

Alan