[NBLUG/talk] Linux based phone system?

anthony stever anthws at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 15:04:58 PDT 2014

http://www.asterisk.org
On Oct 23, 2014 11:26 AM, "Omar Eljumaily" <omar at omnicode.com> wrote:

Does anybody have any experience with Linux based office phone systems?

I'm currently looking into this:

http://www.freepbx.org

I would need something that has about 20 stations and 8 phone lines.
Traditional PBX systems I think work with each station having its own
cable.   Do clients in these types of system work with IP phone stations?

In the old days I would say that the system has to be "rock solid," and
it's a requirement still to a certain extent.  However, these days most
people would rather their phone go down than their internet connection, so
I guess it has to be as stable as the usual network infrastructure.

Thanks,

Omar