[NBLUG/talk] [NBLUG/Announce] General meeting April 14th: Lightning talks and Hackfest

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Fri Apr 10 21:36:38 PDT 2015

My $0.02 worth:

Although talks are great, they are often at a level of experts which
leaves out the non professional IT crowd.  Does anyone know what percent
of members are professionals vs 'dabblers' or beginners?

I've found NBLUG meetings friendlier than most.

Perhaps when speakers can not be found, we shouldn't think of it as a
disappointment but instead encourage newcomers to Linux to come and
encourage the grey beards that would be willing to mentor to join them.

I for one am looking forward to the next meeting precisely because there
is no speaker and am hoping this will allow more exchanges and tutoring.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Alex

ps perhaps this should not be on the 'announce', but rather on the other
list.  Sorry if I'm breaking protocol.