[NBLUG/talk] What exciting project are you working on that is Linux related?

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Mon Feb 9 16:24:54 PST 2015

Has anybody tried video image processing?  I think something Raspberry
Pi is not practical for video processing.  Even most desktop systems
don't work very well for this in my experience. Specialized hardware is
generally necessary as far I can tell.

Are there cheap specialized image processing chips these days?  I know
that GPUs have crossover applications for things like Bitcoin mining.
Does anybody have experience in that realm?

One reason I'm asking is that I currently have an application that needs
fast OCR.  We seem to throw more and more hardware at it and it's always
too slow.

Thanks,

Omar