[NBLUG/talk] Recap of systemd talk, and other thoughts?

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Fri Jun 12 11:14:35 PDT 2015

Philosophically, there seems to be a trend to turn what has historically
been simple file based configurations into myriads of commands and
convoluted, diverse files.  If /etc/init.d can be replaced with a
similar set of files, then fine, but it seems like there's added
complexity with no apparent gain.  Am I wrong?

If I were to fix problems in service startups, I would make it easier to
create individual startup scripts, something that I constantly struggle
with.

Just my take, and I may be talking about something that's over my head.

Thanks,

Omar