[NBLUG/talk] What's the status of IPV6?

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Wed May 6 10:21:50 PDT 2015

I'm not sure how it helps much with a typical home as it's going to have
one real IP address even if it's dynamic. They could trace it back to a
physical address easily and then how many machines were in use at that
time. A large business is a bit more anonymous. Also I'm pretty sure
that NATing will still work with IPV6 even though it's largely
unnecessary. With IPV6 you really wouldn't even need a router as a
switch would do the trick, but I think most folks would still use one
due to the fire walling abilities.