[NBLUG/talk] What's the status of IPV6?

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Wed May 6 12:07:36 PDT 2015

On 5/6/2015 9:45 AM, Michael Long wrote:
> Yep. I’d be curious to know wha your ipv6 address is. Most likely it’s
> 6rd.

I'm waiting for the person who knows the mobile hotspot's password to
come back so I can get the actual addresses.
>  I’m not sure what your question is but I can definitely say ipv6 is
> alive and well and moving upwards. Mike

I thought that with lots of ipv6 addresses available I would be able to
communicate to a mobile device without setting up a Linux tunneling
machine to access the device.  Apparently not.  Now we have to pay $500
to get ipv4 static addresses.  Not such a big deal, but I thought that
ipv6 should be able to do it without having to pay for statics or to tunnel.

I think a lot of questions involving ip addresses have to do with
developing nations.  It's like global warming.  If every nation on Earth
used ips the way we do in the US or used energy like we do, it would be
the end of the world.

Thanks,

Omar