[NBLUG/talk] libreboot => X60

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Sat Sep 19 12:24:00 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-19 01:04, Kyle Rankin wrote:

> Yes you definitely should have stopped once the first flash didn't
> work--the second flash won't work if the first one didn't. And like you
> suspected, you should apply the x60flashscript.patch first and see if
> things work better. I suspect that's why the first flash didn't work.
> I'm
> just glad that removing the CMOS battery worked.
>
> Here's the official libreboot docs, I wouldn't necessarily recommend
> doing
> all of this strictly from my talk since I condensed things to fit my
> slides (even though it should work). Instead I'd suggest checking out
> the
> official docs here:
> http://libreboot.org/docs/install/index.html#flashrom_lenovobios

Thanks, Kyle.
I followed your advice and all went well.
I love the initial GNU with blunderbust splash screen!

I've also got my self an X200 model and a set of clips so will
tackle that one once I work up the courage:-)

Cheers,
Alex

ps In your instructions you describe the output of the second flash
process as being:
"Updated BUC.TS=0 - 128kb address range 0xFFFE0000-0xFFFFFFFF is
untranslated"
. . .
"Verifying flash... VERIFIED."

I found that the latter line appeared before the former.  fyi