[NBLUG/talk] How do you handle physical device passwords?

Alan n1al at sonic.net
Tue May 9 10:52:10 PDT 2017

I have two computers sitting side-by-side on my desktop.  The Windows 7
computer, which has all my important stuff, has no physical connection
to the Internet so it is immune to hacking.  A side benefit is that it
still boots up and runs just as fast as the day I bought it.

The other computer, that connects to the Internet, runs Ubuntu Linux.
The only physical connection between the two computers is the KVM
switch.  I use "sneakernet" (USB thumb drive) if I need to download
something from the Internet to the Windows computer.

The Linux computer is actually dual-boot with Windows XP in case I need
to run some Windows software that absolutely requires an Internet
connection.

Alan Bloom